Monday 8 April 2013

Slide (Jill Hathaway) Review


Slide is a fast paced, emotional and suspensful whirlwind that managed to capture my attention from the get go. It is without a doubt one of the best books I've read in a long time.

The whole idea behind Slide is fascinating to me, haven't we all longed to see the world through someone elses eyes at one point? Haven't we all wanted to know what really goes on behind closed doors? I know I have but reading this book may have changed my mind, maybe seeing the world through someone elses eyes isn't always a good thing, especially if that person is up to no good. Jill Hathaway has created a scenario that may seem like a dream come true but that just isn't the case for Sylvia 'Vee' Bell. 

Slide was one of the most suspenseful novels I have read in a long time, I was literally devouring the book needing to find out who the killer was. I had my theories and they were blown out the water, everyone was a suspect and halfway through the book I felt the same desperation as Vee, I NEEDED to discover who the killer was.

Jill also managed to create three dimensional characters who were more than they seemed. Everyone had a secret and everyone had a past which made for interesting reading and made the characters more realistic. I have never seen an author create such a diverse cast of characters before and I think that is part of the books charm. Props to the author for that.

The pacing was fantasic Hathaway never misses a beat. There are no slow parts or areas of the book that bored me, every last word is relevant to the story and enjoyable.

I know I should probably be objective about this and try to point out some negative points in order to make this review fair but in my own personal opinion this book has NO negatives. I would've love the book to be longer but that is for my own selfish reasons (I want to know more).

I finished this book in two sittings and I loved it. I highly recommend it. Can not wait for book #2.

5 out of 5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment