Tuesday 4 December 2012

In The Tall Grass (Stephen King & Joe Hill) Review





I have literally just finished this on my kindle and I feel a little shell shocked, my initial thought? 'What the hell did I just read?!'

It's a short story consisting of 60 pages so it's a very quick read. It started out great the whole setting was eerie and I felt a little creeped out. Stephen King and Joe Hill have done a fantastic job of character development in such a short story as I actually cared for brother and sister, Becky and Cal. 

So everything was going well (not for Becky and Cal) and I was enjoying being creeped out but then the story took a turn for the worst.
Now I'm not a squeamish person I've seen a lot of horrors and heard a lot of bad stuff on the news but NOTHING could prepare me for what happened at the end. 
I felt physically sick and disgusted and I think that maybe the authors took things a little too far. 

Would I recommend this book? I'm not entirely sure myself to be honest. This book will most certainly be upsetting to women everywhere, especially mothers. Readers beware!! 
3 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment