Monday 15 October 2012

The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon (Stephen King) Review


This book was recommended to me by my Nana and I am glad I decided to pick it up. This is the second Stephen King book I've read, the first being Cujo, and I have to say so far I'm not a huge fan of his work. 

I enjoyed this book and it was scary because stuff like this does happen and can happen! Also King writes in a way that makes me feel whatever the character is feeling, when Trisha is thirsty, hungry, tired and sick I actually physically felt how she was feeling which to me is the mark of an excellent writer.

The problem I had with this book though was how Trisha managed to get lost, after her pee why didn't she just walk back the way she came instead of wandering through the woods for a week, I could've let that slide if she was a dumb little girl but honestly she was a smart tough little cookie, for a girl of 9 she survived better than I would have. Throughout the book I was willing her to just stay put or head back the way she came instead of trudging through the forest in the opposite direction to the way she entered! 

I did love the characters though so I overlooked that minor detail, I think the love Trisha has for her Dad is so cute as I am close to my Father myself so it really touched my heart! 

3 out of 5 stars :)

No comments:

Post a Comment